Monday, November 18, 2013

I enjoy cooking again.  Before veganizing, I would go to the freezer after work and ask myself, "What can I make with hamburger, or chicken?"  And it was always the same boring stuff; spaghetti, tacos, stir fry, meatloaf...same old, same old.  But now, when I go to the fridge, I have a medley of veggies that I can cook up in a million different ways! 

Today was a frustrating day for several reasons.  They're changing things around at USU and I feel like they're taking away things from me and my office-mate that help us help our faculty.  Damn "business model."  That's all I'm going to say about that.  Then driving home from work the damn construction is everywhere you turn.  Soooooo sick of the construction!  So I walk in the door and go hug Manuel, my husband, he asks what's wrong and I say,  "The damn business model..."  So I say I'm going to make dinner and he tells me to go relax for a minute, but chopping all those veggies actually makes me feel better.  A little aggression, chopping therapy, just another reason I like what I'm doing with my life.

So I made my first batch of vegan scones and cookies.  They were really good.  Can't put a pic of the scones on here because they're gone.  And I'm going to go eat the last two cookies.  I don't know if I can post other people's recipes on here, but here's the link for the cookies and scones:



So, needless to say I overdosed on carbs this weekend and paid for it last night and today.  Ugh!  I can't believe I ate the whole thing! 

Tonight, right after I make some delish "Potato Tacos,"  Bridger, my youngest son, calls me up and asks what's for dinner.  So I tell him he can have pot roast left over from last night or some amazing, delicious, potato tacos.  He makes a good decision and decides against the dead elk meat from yesterday--I make meat on Sunday for my deprived carnivores that I live with...So I drive over to his tattoo shop and deliver tacos and chocolate soy milk, I'm such a good mom, and he's getting ready to tattoo someone.  I ask if I can watch, but it must be the non-tattooed, mother aura because he couldn't get his machine to work.  I figured I was jinxing him, so I left.  I'm guessing it started working after I shut the door.


Yep, folks, this is my vida loca!  ZZZZZzzzzzzzzzz

No comments:

Post a Comment